Saturday 8 June 2024

My First Post

 Hi all, This is my first post and attempt at blogging which hopefully will interest some and perhaps provoke discussions of mutual interests. I have spent my whole life, involved in martial arts, and in particular Aikido. To me, Aikido is the "mortar" that binds the various arts, maintaining the balance between, the physical and the spiritual. Traditional Aikido is non-competitive and the onus is on non-violence. These same principles can be applied to all martial arts and ideally, all arts should have some acceptance of these principles. 

As I get more fluent in maintaining this blog, I will explore what is defined spiritually, as far as martial arts are concerned. I will try to explain "Ki", the "Five Elements" and the various "energies" that, we will eventually explore. 

Of course, I will welcome alternative thoughts and views, and even questions, so, will frequently go off on a tangent to any current topics. We will touch on breathing, meditation, as well as physical and mental wellbeing. 

My aim is to learn, share, and educate. I believe, that together, we, can seek the proverbial enlightenment. Together we can explore the boundaries of our minds and hearts. Perhaps, even, bring our understanding of the Universe closer. 

Obviously, as this is my first foray into the world of Blogging, it will take a while to get familiar with and also; even longer to get to know others with similar thoughts or interests. 

I am no scholar, but I am the founder of Seishinryu Budo and Body Harmony and have been teaching or sharing as I prefer to call it for over fifty years. I have worked as a senior youth worker, and am actively involved in many community projects. 

Thank you for reading my first post and look forward to seeing how this develops.

1 comment:

  1. Practitioners of other arts are invited to share their views because all arts in theory have the facility to explore their roots. To me aikido offer the best and practical way while it is easier to focus of the martial and competitive aspects of alternate arts. This is not meant to be a criticism but a means to expand one's study of one's chosen art. Hopefully, these blogs will give an insight....

    ReplyDelete

Iaido

Iaido - the art of drawing the sword.  Iaido, at first glance, might need clarification as to what purpose it serves. How can one spend a li...